Most of us are familiar with the default female voice of Amazon’s digital assistant, Alexa. But did you know you can change Alexa’s voice to a male voice? You are not bound to the default settings and can modify the voice to suit your preferences better. This article will provide a comprehensive guide on changing Alexa’s voice to male, exploring other voice options, and answering some frequently asked questions on the topic.
Getting Acquainted with the Male Voice Option
Not everyone knows this, but Amazon has recently introduced a new male voice option for Alexa named Ziggy. Ziggy has a distinctive, calming male voice and offers a refreshing change if you’re used to Alexa’s default female voice.
How to Change Alexa’s Voice to Male
- Initiate the change: Begin by saying, “Alexa, change your voice.” If this command is recognized, Alexa will switch to the new male voice, Ziggy.
- Per device setting: The change in voice setting is applied per device. So, if you have multiple Alexa devices in your home, you must repeat this command for each one.
- Switch back anytime: If you want the female voice back, ask, “Alexa, change your voice,” and the assistant will revert to its original female voice.
Changing Alexa’s Voice via the Alexa App
For those who prefer navigating settings with a touch of their finger, there’s good news. You can change Alexa’s voice to male directly through the Alexa app. Here’s how:
- Launch the Alexa App: Open the Alexa app on your smartphone or tablet. It’s free on the App Store and Google Play Store if you still need to download it.
- Access the Settings: Tap the ‘More’ icon in the lower right corner of your screen, then tap on ‘Settings.’
- Go to Device Settings: You’ll find the ‘Device Settings’ option. Select it to proceed.
- Choose your Device: Your linked Alexa devices will appear in this section. Choose the device on which you want to change the voice.
- Change the Voice: In the device settings, scroll down and tap on ‘Alexa’s Voice.’ You will see the option for ‘American 1’ and more. Tap on ‘American 2’ to select the male voice.
- Confirm the Change: Alexa may ask you to confirm the change. If so, tap ‘Yes,’ and your voice preference will be updated.
Remember, these changes are per device, just like voice changes via voice command. Repeat these steps for each device where you want to change the voice.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Male Version of Alexa Called?
The male version of Alexa is called Ziggy.
How to Make Alexa Ziggy?
To make Alexa Ziggy, you must say, “Alexa, change your voice.” The voice will switch to Ziggy, which is Alexa’s male voice.
Can I Change the Alexa Voice on All Devices at Once?
No, the voice change setting is applied per device. If you have multiple Alexa devices, you’ll need to change the voice on each one individually.
Summary: Personalize Your Alexa Experience
Changing the voice of your Alexa to a male voice or even a different accent can make your interaction more personalized and enjoyable. Whether you prefer Ziggy or the default female Alexa, knowing you have options is good. Remember, changing Alexa’s voice can be done quickly, and if you’re not a fan of the new voice, you can always switch back.
Get more tips and tricks in the Alexa Archives.